So Long 2008 :: Happy New Year
A few weeks ago, I posted a list of the Best of 2008 which included links to various websites and blogs. The topics ranged from music, movies and books.
So I received a request from Lori Johnson over at Lori's Old School Mix asking me to list my personal best of 2008. Wow, what a challenge. I ingest such a wide range of media that I can barely recall what I consumed this past Monday. But I am certainly up for a challenge, right?
Needless to say, my list is short, but here goes:
Best book that I read:
- "Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini (surprisingly I did not review this one ... and I did not see the movie ... duh). The book was vividly written w/lots of mystery and excitement on nearly every page.
- "Waitress" (thanks to a recommendation from my sister; Andrienne Shelly is genius ... oh, and I did not write a review on this one either ... another duh). This one is funny, romantic and Andy Griffith is quite endearing. Love this movie.
- "30 Rock" Alec Baldwin, Tina Fey, Tracy Morgan, the ensemble cast and the guests are hilarious on so many levels.
- Illa J :: "Yancey Boys"
- Roots Manuva :: "Slime & Reason"
- The Knux :: "Remind Me in 3 Days"
- The Roots :: "Rising Down"
- Black Milk :: "Tronic"
- The Mighty Underdogs :: "Droppin Science Fiction"
- Alltop.com: I love this aggregator site w/lots of topics to choose from,
- Twitter ... I love twittering - using 140 characters to communicate and all of the Twitter tools.
- Utterli ... I like being able to post pics, video, text and audio all from my cell phone. This should come in handy when I attend the Inauguration in a few weeks.
Labels: alltop, alltop.com, Best of 2008, Black Milk, film, Illa J, list, movies, music, Roots Manuva, social media, The Kite Runner, The Knux, The Mighty Underdogs, twitter, utterli, Waitress, website