Monday, February 02, 2009

Music Monday 13 :: The 2009 Grammy Awards

So the 2009 Grammy Awards is less than a week away. I get excited for these babies. For lots of reasons:
  • I like to see the live performances
  • I want to see who shows up (and in some cases, shows out)
  • I like to hear a good acceptance speech
I don't care about the red carpet and who is wearing what, though I do take note of who looks the part and how looks a 'hot mess'.

I have not listened to many of the 2009 Grammy nominated songs, but I hope to catch up before the big day arrives, which is Sunday, February 8, 2009.

I get the feeling that one of the Brit's will be Record of the Year. There are three females vocalists from the UK up for that one:
  • Adele "Chasing Pavements"
  • Leona Lewis "Bleeding Love"
  • M.I.A. "Paper Planes"
In the album of the year catergory, Lil Wayne could sneak away w/this one for "Tha Carter". I think Coldplay will win for "Viva la Vida ...". But it would be nice to see Ne-yo win for "Year of the Gentleman"; it seems he's played a pivotal role in keeping classic R&B alive and giving it some flavor along w/some captivating lyrics.

The one album that I really want to check out because the title seems so cool and fun is Marcia Ball's "Peace, Love & BBQ".

I'll be doing some Twittering while watching the show on Sunday. So let's have some fun.

Do you have any picks for this year's Grammy Awards?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home