Monday, May 14, 2012

Music Monday 130 :: Brian McIntyre plays "Grandfather Blues"

Music Monday 130 :: Brian McIntyre plays "Grandfather Blues" with Leon Bibb

Fellow Bobcat Brian McIntyre died today. This is a blow. I mean, how does this happen? How unfair is this? He was 42.

B-Mac was a perfect guy: fun, energetic, optimistic, realistic, smart, charming ... I could go on and on with the adjectives to describe him - and that's just as a friend. I can only imagine his contributions to his wife and his young son.

Oh, and he was a musician too as you'll see in this video. He throws it down along with long time Cleveland news anchor and poet Leon Bibb.

Recently, I'd received a text from a fellow Bobcat inquiring about McIntyre's health status. From what I'd seen on McIntyre's Facebook page, he had been doing okay after some chemo treatments at the Cleveland Clinic, but he was being checked back in. I thought: this guy's such a trooper, he's gotta and gonna pull through this ...

Here's a quick post on McIntyre's passing from WEWS NewsChannel 5 in Cleveland, where McIntyre was once an anchor.

Prayers and strength for his family. To say that he will be missed is an understatement.


Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Vicky E said...

Very sad to hear!

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Shellshock said...

Kim,

I just happened upon this on your blog and was once again taken aback by the loss of such a wonderful person so soon! Thanks for sharing, I had not seen this performance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home