Saturday, May 31, 2008

REVIEW: "Sex and the City - The Movie"

I must admit, when "Sex and the City" was a hot commodity, I hardly watched it. You can mostly blame that on me not having HBO. Sure, I'd watch a few episodes if the opportunity presented itself, but I did not get Carrie Bradshaw's fashion sense (still don't get it) and the show only appealed to me in terms of the relationships - which is huge for that show.

So the fact that I attend the first daytime showing on Friday - 11:30 a.m., says a lot.

I enjoyed the two and a half hour movie. There was enough twists and turns - enough to get me to cry twice. Though there did seem to be a lull in the movie and I guess you get that when you unnecessarily go beyond the two hour mark.

Was there gratuitous sex? Yes, but isn't that a part of the "Sex and the City" legacy? Speaking of legacy, all of the characters were true to their previous TV counterparts - both male and female. And for the record, I don't think that it is just a chick flick. Again, relationships is the focus throughout - friends and lovers.

You'll definitely want to know what happens to Carrie and Big? And how vampy Samantha gets ...

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home