Monday, October 01, 2012

Music Monday 142 :: Brother Ali "Mourning in America and Dreaming in Color"

Music Monday 142 :: Brother Ali "Mourning in America and Dreaming in Color"

Album cover for Brother Ali's "Mourning in America and Dreaming in Color." Borrowed from the Rhymesayers website

A few weeks ago I was playing around on the iPad using the Flipboard app. I like that I can connect my SoundCloud account to Flipboard.

And so I was checking out my SoundCloud stuff and noticed something new from Brother Ali. This guy's the real deal; straight, no chaser. And this new thing "Mourning in America and Dreaming in Color," yeah, to say it's nice and I like it means I just don't have the time to write how I really feel. Actually, the music speaks for itself.

Start w/"Mourning in America" ... if you can handle that. Oh, and there's this segment from NPR:
Brother Ali: A Voice For The Suffering


 

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home