Friday, January 08, 2010

VIDEO: Random Images from Egypt

Since moving to Egypt, there is rarely a moment when I don't have my camera. It's nothing fancy a Canon A570IS, but it's compact enough to fit in my purse and relatively quick to start up.

Though I've taken lots of photos while in Egypt, there are times when taking images is inappropriate. For example, I really want a pic of Muslims during prayer, but it just seems invasive. Also, in some of the more conservative parts of Cairo, sometimes they are not comfortable w/people taking pics and so I honor that.

Often when I am out and about, something weird and/or random happens. Nice to have a camera for those times.



Some of the images in this slide show are random images from Egypt. Most of the images were taken in Cairo, but some were taken in Alexandria as well as the White Desert. And there is one image that I did not actually take - it's the one of a group jumping in the sand. That was taken by Yehya Hafez. Thanks for looking.

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 12:46 AM, Blogger Thornlivinginjapan.blogspot.com said...

Love it! thanks for sharing. You are my blogger inspiration. :-)

Tonya

 
At 5:18 AM, Blogger robinsonericka said...

Nice shots Sister! Thanks for sharing.
Erob

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger ohradiogirl said...

Thanks for the love. Much appreciated.

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I enjoyed your shots....and really dug the soundtrack...I think it is so brave to move to another country. I admire you.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger ohradiogirl said...

Thanks for the comment on the music. Found that track on Jamendo. Nice resource for using free music. I'm enjoying living in Cairo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home