Friday, June 04, 2010

My Resolve in '10

I'm reflecting on reaching some of my recent goals. I managed to tackle the travel component on last year's list even with my move to Cairo from the U.S. Probably because of my move to Cairo. As for the language, well, let's just say I swapped learning Spanish for learning Arabic instead.

Now, we're six months into 2010 and I'm just now getting around to posting my goals for the year. I'd made the list, but life got in the way and I never posted it. I was hopeful that when I went back to check it out that I'd have already accomplished at least one thing on this list. That doesn't seem to be the case. But there's still time, right?

Seems most of these are sort of work related:

1. Produce an audio documentary. I've been working toward this one. I have all of my interviews and I just need to put it together.

2. Produce a feature for World Vision Report. I need a good, strong story for this one. And although Cairo is full of interesting stories, many of the stories have already been told. I'll need to think on this one a bit longer, but it is going to happen.

3. Workout for 20-30 minutes at least four times each week. I haven't yet achieved this goal consistently. Though I can say that I often work out for 40 minutes, two days a week. Not the same ... I've discovered Motion Traxx for motivating, uptempo music (with some narration).

4. Publish an article in a journal. This is work related and on my goals list for work too. But I've partially completed some interesting research on "30 Rock". Looking to add a bit more to what I have and find a publishing platform.

5. Publish an eBook. I was reading Chris Brogan and Julien Smith's "Trust Agents: Using the Web to Build Influence, Improve Reputation, and Earn Trust". There was a suggestion about give back what you learn by creating an eBook. That's what I'm gonna do.

That's all for now. Actually, that's plenty. Happy belated 2010 to me. Living my life and loving it.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home