Thursday, May 26, 2011

My iPad and My Notes

My iPad and My Notes

I've been using my iPad for nearly six months now and I've grown to like it a lot (though this is only my second post about my iPad; see my first iPad blog post). It has some pluses and minuses, but in the end, I'd rather have it than not. Even though I don't have the 3G; that's my only regret about purchasing the first generation model.

But if I could make an adjustment, I'd make a simple keyboard update:
  • There's a need for arrow keys; having to backspace or highlight a long word just to change one letter is a bit cumbersome and annoying. Usually the cursor will only set at the end or the beginning of a word. I just think arrow keys might be easier to maneuver.
One program that I'm starting to love is the Notes app that comes downloaded on the iPad. At first, I thought it wasn't a big deal, but now I know otherwise. The key here is that every note that you type gets emailed to the email account that you have tethered to the iPad. Even if you update an old note, a new email is sent with the updated notes.  Also, in my Gmail where the notes are sent, they are automatically labeled 'notes' with a label.

I've been typing a lot of notes, so when I discovered that all of the notes were in my Gmail, I was ecstatic.


One of my notes from the Broadcast Education Assn Conference, April, 2011

One downside of notes that I noticed is that when I emailed a note to my Tumblr account, the notes format did not transfer as it was displayed on the note in the iPad. That could be a Tumblr issue; I'm not sure. But knowing that the notes are in my Gmail, I can just email the notes from Gmail to post to Tumblr.  At the time, however, I was attending a conference and wanted to post my notes from the conference immediately; that did not work out so well.

Additionally, I'd like to see a few basic features for Notes; really just font related. The ability to increase the font size, bold, italicize, maybe add color. That would be nice.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home