And Just Like That I'm An Apple Girl
My brother's been using Apple products since I can remember. It might be true that he's only had two Apple computers in his 40+ years. I'll try to confirm that later.
I, on the other hand, have had a subtle dislike for Apple for some time. Ever since learning that they used proprietary audio files. That's when I first discovered that Windows Media Audio don't play well w/Macs and Mac files don't play well w/others either. That, my friends, was a long time ago.
|My nice and shiny new Macbook Pro. (Dec. 2011)|
Last Christmas I broke down and bought an iPad. Now that was a worthwhile purchase. I don't think a day has gone by when I haven't used that device.
Add to that the fact that I lost my mobile phone traveling from Washington, DC to Cleveland, Ohio at the airport in Philadelphia. I know, why was there a layover in Philly anyway. Whatever. Point is, I lost my phone and was 'eligible' for an upgrade. And into my life walks "Siri."
|It looks so pretty in the box. (Dec. 2011)|
Of course, now I'm sucked into the expansive and expensive world of Apple:
- Apple Care ... enough said!
- With three devices tethered to each other, I need more storage from Apple (ching ching)
- I'm considering iTunes Match (ching ching)
- I bought some iTunes gift cards for Christmas (ching ching)
- Additional devices and accoutrements (protective shell, hard drives, mic, bluetooth devices, etc)
- Those irresistible iPad apps (ching ching ching ching ching ching)
But after that briefer at the Apple store in my hometown, I'm all full of knowledge, ready to conquer the world and even ready jump to the bottom of the page.