Thursday, June 12, 2014

My Favorite iPad Apps :: Part 1 of 3

My Favorite iPad Apps :: Part 1 of 3

I've been an iPad owner for several years now. It's true that I have not always drank the Apple Kool-Aid, and I'm certainly not gulping it now, but I do love a good app.

The apps in this short series are in my regular rotation - I use them daily.

Zite logo borrowed from Twit.tv

Zite: It's a curation site for news and information, but it also helps you discover news and information.

Pros:

  • Looking forward to the merger of Flipboard + Zite, but for now I'll focus on how I currently use Zite.
  • For me that's what differentiates it from other curation applications. Your ability to 'thumbs up' and 'thumbs down' an article will bring you more or less of what you like and dislike.
  • I use Zite for curating information on the following topics: Journalism, teaching, technology, iPad apps, Cairo, travel, podcasting, hip hop and more. I love it for a quick glance of what's happening now.
  • You can sign up and then sign in to the app. It will sync across devices.


Con:

  • After the app has been idle for a while, it will wipe out what you were reading and refresh the page automatically. You will rarely find your way back to the same spot, but it depends on how much time has lapsed. It think it would be better if the app asked if you want to refresh.


Zite is available for the iPad and the iPhone.

Please check back next Thursday for the next installation of My Favorite iPad Apps. And please share your comments about your use of the Zite app.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home