Thursday, June 19, 2014

My Favorite iPad Apps :: Part 2 of 3

My Favorite iPad Apps :: Part 2 of 3

The apps in this short series are in my regular rotation - I use them daily.

Stitcher logo borrowed from EdReach.us

Stitcher Radio: Stitcher is a way to organize your podcast listening.

Pros:

  • There are lots of categories to chose from, keeps track of listening stats, sync across devices, offers suggested listening.
  • I have created playlists such as my favs, media, etc. It's nice to hear the various podcasts back to back.
  • Typically, I begin my Stitcher use by listening to the headlines especially for AP Radio News. The AP newscasts are about 3 minutes.
  • You can opt-in to get notifications when new episodes of your favorites are available.
  • When you sign up and sign in on the desktop app, it's syncs your account so that you can pick up where you left off.


Cons:

  • There are many podcasts to chose from, but surprisingly not all podcasts are available on the platform. 
  • The options to 'thumbs up' and 'thumbs down' a podcast is a bit too small.
  • The description is much larger than the 'play' button. They could easily give equal space so that the 'play' button is easy to access.
  • There are some advertisements that run between podcasts. So far, it's not too annoying. However, if you do find it annoying, Stitcher has a paid non-ad platform.

Stitcher Radio is available for the iPad and the iPhone.

Please check back next Thursday for the last installation of My Favorite iPad Apps. And please add your comments about your experience with Stitcher Radio.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home