Sunday, September 24, 2006

the advice no one adheres to ... driving 101

So my life in small town Ohio mostly brings me much peace and tranquility, but that's primarily when I'm in my humble lil abode.

Upon my daily depart from my comfortable home, I often have to deal with drivers who apparently got their driver's licenses from a shoddy mail in service. The misjudgement of speed happens all too often. Say, I'm driving along at the 'posted' speed limit and another motorist who is not so patient decide to mosey (sp) out into traffic at a speed slower than mine. I wish people would think this through - heck, it could save their life AND mine.

Then there are the people who drive in the passing lane and just ride it out. Okay, it is understandable to make the transition to the passing lane if you are going to turn left, but even then, you do not need to ride in that lane for two miles prior to the turn, do you?

Oh, let me indulge you in one more ... drivers and high beam lights! How many times have I been damn near blinded by the bright lights of another oncoming motorist??? Can someone please publish this apparently unwritten rule: When you see another motorist approaching, turn your high beams off! It is a simple task. Work with me ...

And sometimes it is not always drivers. What is it with pedestrians, runners in particular, who decide that it is okay to walk/run alongside a four lane highway where the speed limit is 55? I mean it would be so uncool for these people to be healthy, yet dead ... and just so you know, there is NOT a 'pedestrians crossing the road sign' in my neck of the woods! Nor should there be ...


Bikers, let me not disclude you ... you do not have a motor on that two wheeled baby! Though you do look good in your colorful gear, you have to know that not everyone will be courteous to you on the four lane highway. I'm not certain what it will mean that you wore a helmet while bicycling on a four lane highway ...

You see, I kind of expect that a deer might decide to leap into the path of my vehicle, but people, people, people - be smarter. I mean trying to walk/run closest to the left side of the white line, might not be the wisest decision that you have ever made. Sometimes, I just want to ride my car horn, to scare the hell out of them and to remind them of who this pavement was really designed for ... mean girl ...? Yeah, but don't tell me you've never had a mean thought in your entire life, eh???

This is not road rage or even aggressive driving on my behalf ... no, this is just annoyance from the cautious one. Just remember, Radiogirl loves you.

1 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Blogger Verge Das Neves said...

so true..i saw this guy get busted by a car the other day on a busy highway...it was horrible but we just said...stupid stupid stupid

 

Post a Comment

<< Home