Thursday, December 13, 2007

So much reading to do ...

I was working on a reading list because there are so many books that I want to read now. Actually since there are so many, I've considered some e-Books, but I have not gotten that far just yet. I'm hoping to get one in the next few weeks though.

So here is my short reading list:

"Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini
  • I'd like to read this one prior to the seeing the movie

"Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert

  • Seeking as much positivity in life as I can muster up

"The Abstinent Teacher" by Tom Perrotta

  • I read a review about this one in USA Today; the library has lots but the reserve list is uge so I wait

"Basic Black" by Cathie Black

  • She was on Oprah and I enjoyed the interview; I've read other good reviews about the book and I need to read it for myself

There are other books on my list too:

"Give It Up ... My Year of Learning to Live with Less"

  • I'm planning on doing this in baby steps - for at least three to four months: reduce shopping to once a month; wash clothes once a month; reduce miscellaneous spending, etc. (this is a work in progress)

"Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs"

"How Starbucks Saved my Life"

"Five Wishes"

"How to Win Friends and Influence People"

"Slam"

Good stuff. Check them out first hand or get to giving some as gifts!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home