Thursday, February 25, 2010

Recording Podcasts Easily w/Audioboo

I don't quite know how I stumbled across Audioboo, but I did. Oh, I first recall that iPhone users had been tweeting about it. But I thought that it was just for iPhones. But it is not.

Folks who don't have an iPhone or the Audioboo iPhone app, can use the Web interface to take advantage of Audioboo. Count me in.

The platform is super simple. You can record audio w/their recorder (if you have a working microphone on your laptop or computer). Or you can upload your audio file to Audioboo.

Listen!
They have a social networking component where you can follow people's 'boos' and they can follow yours. You can also easily share your 'boos' on other social networking platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and more. Let me know if you're using Audioboo, so that I can add you to my list of followers.

On top of all of that, you can grab an embed code and post the audio on your blog or Web site.

I've decided to use Audioboo to document my teaching this semester. On the brief podcast above, the audio quality is not the best. I used the mic on my laptop. I think I will begin to use my Zoom H2 recorder and upload the files.

My only problem w/Audioboo is the name. Enough said.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home