Thursday, March 11, 2010

MOVIE REVIEW: "Fantastic Mr. Fox"

MOVIE REVIEW: "Fantastic Mr. Fox" (2009)

Just saw "Fantastic Mr. Fox". Nice animated movie. I had no expectations for this movie. I had not read the book.

This was such a charming movie. Very witty. George Clooney as Mr. Fox was, well, fantastic (and he dresses so nicely). The supporting characters added a good amount of flavor as well.

I thought that the movie was a short film though. I kept checking the time to see how much longer it was going to last. I say that because there were several moments when I thought I knew what would happen next and that the movie would soon end. How wrong was I? I did not figure out the ending.

Did I mention the clever writing? For example, Mr. Fox's son's sarcasm matches his dad's wittiness and the conversations have the usual animal related puns which are cute.

Oh, and one of my favorite parts is how Mr. Fox says something like "I can't believe this (cuss)". That is my new thing to say: in place of profanity, just say 'cuss'. Ha. Mr. Fox says 'cuss' a lot.

Overall, I don't know if I would have liked this film in the theater, but I did like it. Now I want to see Coraline and some of the other films that were nominated for best animated film for this year's Academy Awards. Good stuff.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home