Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Reverb10 :: Community

I've decided to be a part of Reverb10. It's a 31-day blogging challenge where you reply to the daily writing prompts that are designed to get you to reflect on this past year as well as provide some insight for the upcoming year. I'm going to give myself 5-7 minutes for each post.

Day 7 :: December 7, 2010 :: Community
  • Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011?.
The online community has been very nurturing for me. I like the comments and conversations via Twitter. I have both a personal account and an account that's more work related. Mostly I like the wealth of information that I'm able to sift through via the online community. I'm a huge fan of Delicious too. It's another place where I've made lots of connections and I'm able to share information and insight there too.

I like that I've identified with the online community in Cairo. And when I'm traveling or home for the summer, I've been able to connect w/my online friends offline.

A card that I made (Jun, 2009)

For 2011, I'd like to get back to my craft community especially the folks over at 2 Peas in a Bucket. I found that card making brought some solace to my life; some me time and some level of serenity. It's art therapy and I miss that. I have many of my craft supplies w/me in Cairo (and I bought stuff over the summer that I haven't touched yet) and there's not real to make some cards and what not. Here's a link to my Radiogirl Cards blog, though you already know that there's not much new there.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home