Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I've been threatening to make some cookies for several weeks now. The threat is an empty one since no one stands to gain from this but me.

That's partly why I used this Thick, Chewy Oatmeal Raisin recipe from smitten kitchen. The recipes is a halfsy. The last time I made cookies in May, I had cookies for days. Not a good thing. I did end up giving lots of them away.  But it's not just the amount of cookies, but the amount of time it takes to bake them as well.

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (July, 2011)
The cookies look quite tasty and they are, but they're not quite sweet enough; I mean, they are sweet, but this recipe only called for a bit of brown sugar (and I think I measured it inaccurately because it was clumped together). I did add raisins as well as some cranberries and walnuts.

Previously I'd used this Easy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies recipe and though it makes a large batch, I'll continue to use it in the future because I liked that batch better. Besides, I can always freeze the batter or the cookies.

And that's it ... I need to bag these cookies to give away to my friends.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home