Monday, February 06, 2012

Music Monday 122 :: M.I.A. "Bad Girls"

Music Monday 122 :: M.I.A. "Bad Girls"

How I ever discovered the link to this video on this day; I don't remember, but boy I wish I could remember.

I want to say that I don't know how I feel about this vid, but ... actually I know exactly how I feel.

Why? Why? Why?

It's so cliche in some ways; edgy in other ways.

So I had to ask myself, well, what did you or do you expect? And unfortunately, my expectations are too apparently high:

  • be a role model
  • be creative
  • be responsible

Frankly for some reason I had more expectations for M.I.A.

What do you guys think? Because I'm just shaking my head. Oh, and here's a review from the L.A. Times.



Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Blogger Shellshock said...

What a timely post for us "non hip-hoppers"! It at least offered me a glimpse into who M.I.A. is! I don't think I had ever heard of her before and I totally missed the "bird" in the performance.

Now as to the video I am also asking WHY? Does this fit the environment she is portraying? Again, not an expert, but I would think not. It just seems juvenile and basically pointless.

It portrays all of the negative connotations people have given to rap and hip-hop and is truly unfortunate. Although I'm not a rap fan or hip-hop aficionado there are cuts that I like and enjoy, and they don't always have a great message but the beats are fresh. This was a really sophomoric piece in my humble opinion.

Thanks for the look!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home