Monday, February 13, 2012

Music Monday 123 :: Whitney Houston

Music Monday 123 :: Whitney Houston
Whitney Houston. Image borrowed from Pop Bytes.

Sometimes my Music Monday posts are written in advance. Sometimes I have no idea what I'll write about. Today is not one of those days, but the came easy: Whitney Houston.

I feel the need to share how I learned of her death. I woke up to an alarm and I'd plan to go to campus and to take the 10 a.m. bus. But I wanted to get online, quickly, and check a schedule to make sure that I'd be arriving on time. I'd posted this schedule on Twitter, so I thought the easiest way to check the schedule would be to check Twitter. I rarely look at the trending topics, but somehow RIP caught my attention and I notice Whitney's name in front of it. I immediately, thought 'how cruel' and 'this better be a joke.' But then I saw other hashtags and I felt like I should investigate more and I immediately did a Google News search.

So I sat in shock at what I was reading; couldn't move. I know that others have had similar reactions.

Thank goodness for YouTube. I've found refuge there in terms of playing Whitney Houston songs. "I Have Nothing" is one of my favs outside of her first album.


Hang in there folks. The trifecta of losting Etta James, Don Cornelius and Whitney Houston is a bit much. But we shall persevere.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home