Monday, February 12, 2007

Grammy Awards Recap

So the 2007 Grammy Awards are history! I thought that it was a really nice show. I enjoyed many of the performances. I enjoyed the Corinne Bailey Rae, John Legend and John Mayer performance the best. Actually, I absolutely love Cee-Lo and the Gnarls Barkley's performance of "Crazy" was incredible. Cee-lo's voice is so rich, soulful and emotive. So their performance really resonated w/me. I thought Mary J. Blige did her thing as well belting out a performance reminiscent of Patti Labelle. Beyonce was good as well. I must say that I enjoyed the Justin Timberlake duet w/Robyn Troup. I admire Troup for being able to go from being a finalist to being on stage and working it. She has a really pleasant voice and she wins a car too.

Other notable moments:
  • the tribute to those who passed away this past year which included a brief dance performance by Chris Brown during the James Brown segment
  • Ludacris winning for Best Rap Album and thanking/mentioning Oprah AND Bill O'Reilly
  • Common telling Kanye West that people were tired of hearing Kanye complain about not winning any awards (I'm sure Kanye was in on the joke)

I was annoyed when Mary J. Blige accepted her first Grammy of the evening on stage. She read from a list and went on and on and on. I much prefer the heartfelt off the top of your head acceptance speech. And if she says one more time, how much she used to hate herself and her troubled past ... just get over it already.

Here's the complete list of 2007 Grammy winners!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home