Sunday, February 11, 2007

Prince and the 'symbol'?

Okay, I need to say that I am late on posting this because I thought that it was a given and everybody 'got it.' I'm talking about Prince's SuperBowl halftime show performance.

I thought that his performance was okay. I had higher expectations. I thought that he would just totally rock/funk out! I don't know, but maybe the rain put a damper on things.

But my reason for this posting is to mention the entire sheet illuminating Prince's shadow has he played the 'symbol' guitar creating a he phallic. Now, some say it was not intentional. Don't count me amongst that group. I know the Prince has embraced his inner Jevohah's Witness, but this is the same guy who did not speak during his SuperBowl press conference. Instead he played a three song set that started with "Johnny B. Good". Several of my friends think that everyone 'got it' while some of my friends said 'what are you talking about...?' Was it a 'prop' malfunction...?
**Photos borrowed from Prince.org

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 12:01 AM, Blogger Lori said...

After all is said and done, Prince is still a bad so & so . . . who at the age of, what, is it 45? can still put on one heck of a show. I'm just glad he didn't slip and fall in all of that water, especially given those boots he loves to wear (smile). Truth be known, I didn't even watch the game . . . I just tuned in for the Purple Rain (LOL).

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Shellshock said...

Thanks for the illumination. I totally missed this during his performance. I must have looked away, or something. I get it now, and yeah he knew what he was doing this was no fluke.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger ohradiogirl said...

There was even some spectulation that the show was not totally LIVE especially as it relates to an open outdoor non-acoustic concert.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home