Saturday, December 16, 2006

2006 - Coming to a close

The end of the year lists are starting to proliferate. I love hip hop and my fav group is The Roots. So I, like a lot of their fans, are tracking their progress in the year end listings - they are not getting nearly enough love ...

For example, Rolling Stone mag dropped their '06 lineup. And after I reviewed it, I thought "Well, I'm glad that The Roots got a lil look-see, but that list, well it's really a 'pop-culture-mainstream-slash-MTV-for-print' list. Shame on Stone for disparaging the legacy of that publication.

To give you an idea of what I mean, Fergie's "London Bridge" is higher on the list than The Roots. Of course, I am biased toward my fav band, but come on now ... (and I am not even going to start to try to defend my position on this one - it should be obvious, unless, of course, you like "London Bridge").

I really would like to go on a tirade about the RS list, but the truth of the matter is that it's not worth it ... I think I'll get some rest instead, but my list is forthcoming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home