Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Day, wooooo whoooo


Your Vote IS Your Voice
Originally uploaded by D.James.
WWhewww! I thought that November 7th would never arrive and I'd be stuck trying to view my favorite TV programs sandwiched between saucy politcal advertising.

The political ads were killing me ... the TV stations just had to loop 5-6 ads back-to-back. It was a grueling 60+ days.

And did you notice that the ads had no shame? Some call it mudslinging, but the campaigns seemed to be a bit 'dirtier' than that. And I did not even mention the yard signs ... let's see how long they remain shrewn across unclaimed territorties.

My predictions for the former swing state were not genius at all. It was my belief that if the polls had even the slightest bit of accuracy, a change would come for the buckeyes. My friends were not the least bit pleased with my interest in one former mayor if Cincy who was vying for the top spot in O-hi-ya. My friends conducted extensive research and crammed my inbox with the persuasive goodies.So I'm thinking, if I can be swayed then all of the other conservatives are ripe for the pickin. And oh, how right I was on that account.

Then there were the ballot issues. I don't like trickery. I think the verbage on more than one issue was a bit misleading. The Smoke-Less and the Smoke-Free were two different issues. But I think some people thought it was one or the other.

The game is shifting (as is the blame) ... Radiogirl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home