Sunday, October 29, 2006

What happened to the strawberry milkshake?

Photo: Milkshake
Originally uploaded by leah_lar.

So I was feeling like a milkshake yesterday and had to settle for the McD's drive thru - I know that is sinful in the milkshake world, so I guess I get what I deserved. We drive up and place an order for a medium strawberry milkshake, then the nonchalent voice on the other end says "we don't have strawberry milkshakes anymore". Silence. How is it that the mammoth fast food chain was able to sneak strawberry milkshakes off the menu? Why didn't I know that they only serve the obviously popular, yet bland vanilla and chocolate milkshakes? When did strawberry meet its demise at the Golden Arches? Woe is me. This is just wrong.

I reluctantly order a medium vanilla and immediately wished I'd ordered a small - I felt like I was betraying strawberry. I think I won't be ordering any more milkshakes from the well known fast food eatery regardless of the craving. No, I should have known about this well before casually ordering something that is no longer on the menu that it was no longer on the menu.

...and since I did not have an opportunity to say a proper farewell to the strawberry milkshake at McDonald's, here's my ode to something that tasted so good to me:

Strawberry, dear strawberry, you've always been my favorite
C and V were envious of your rich pink texture
And although you've gone away, no longer able to add smiles to a 5-year-old's or a 50-year-old's face, I still relish your frothiness and many, many fond memories of your cold warmth.

Here's a huge hug for strawberry milkshakes ....

2 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Hey Radio Girl,
If you want a really great strawberry milkshake, check out the handspun ones at Chick-fil-A. Oh, they are to die for (smile).
Lori D.

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Beth said...

Wow, that is huge news. Bonus on the news quiz.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home