Sunday, February 18, 2007

The Power of Positive Thinking!

The power of positive thinking has been something I've practiced for a long time. I often tell people to think positive as opposed to dwelling on the negative.

Well, a few weeks ago, I called a friend to say hi. I had intented for it to be a brief conversation and it almost was, but I asked her what she was doing and she said that she was making a 'visualization chart.' One question led to another and she mentioned "The Secret." It's a book, audiobook and DVD. I went to the library to pick up a copy. The wait list was quite lengthy. So I thought, well, I'll pick it up at the store. Then I received an email from Borders that it would be 30% that weekend. So I picked it up. Wow. I immediately got it!

Then "The Secret" author and other proponents of the the book were on Oprah. I intentionally did not watch it because I wanted to complete the book first. Then I saw that Oprah was revisiting the topic. Another wow! How often is it that Oprah revisits a topic within a week's time ...?

So I finished the book and I've watched both episodes. Someone tried to sum it up by saying it is the power of positive thinking. And yes, that is a part of it, but it is so much more. One example that was pointed out on Oprah, that I have referenced on numerous occasions, is from "The Wizard of Oz" when Glenda The Good Witch tells Dorothy "you had it all alone." Meaning Dorothy had the ability to get home the entire time - Dorothy just needed to exude the energy and belief that she could do it.

I am about to begin the writing component of "The Secret". It sort of goes in line w/one of my New Year's resolutions.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Blogger Beth said...

I guess I need to check out 'The Secret.' I see you're a Borders members too..hahaha...LOVE their excessive coupons! Too bad Barnes and Noble charges to be a member to their club. I think B&N is going to ultimately loose out.

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger ohradiogirl said...

Freebies are the way to go! As consumers, we like to think that we are getting a bargain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home