Friday, September 19, 2008

MOVIE REVIEW: "The Family That Preys"

MOVIE REVIEW: "The Family That Prey's"

I saw a preview for Tyler Perry's "The Family That Prey's". It seemed, well, interesting. Interesting because I saw that Kathy Bates seemed to have a lead role. Whaaddd? And Alfre Woodard too? Nice get there Tyler.

My girlfriend, Josee, recommended that I see the movie on opening day. Good idea. So, yes, it was a week ago that I saw the movie and I am just now blogging about it. What are you gonna do about it? ;-)

Well, I liked the movie. I actually that I'd be more on the it was so-so kind of vibe. But it was bonafide likeable. For real. And let me tell you why:
  • the scenes w/Kathy and Alfre are priceless; such a genuine friendship
  • some real deal eye candy for the ladies.
  • it was a believable storyline; not too contrived or dramatic
  • Robin Givens character was refreshing; she usually plays a different type of gal
  • Props for the cast (and you know that Tyler is in the movie...?)
What I did not like:
  • Sanaa Lathan's depthless acting
I'm going to keep this short so that I don't give the story away, heck, I guess I have not given you much anyway, huh?

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Hey, couple of questions: Are you not a fan of Sanaa Lathan period, or just not in this flick? Also, would this movie be appropriate viewing for an 11 1/2 year old? I'm just trying to decide whether to take my kid or leave him at home (smile).

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger ohradiogirl said...

I am not a fan of Sanaa Lathan's non-acting skills. I do like the movie.

I don't recall any sex or too explicit language in the movie. But I think an 11 1/2 year old boy might be bored w/the movie. As I recall you have a son, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home