Monday, October 20, 2008

Cheap Gas

This was soo cool; and no this is not an old picture. Got some gas last week and am still overjoyed even though I've run it out and filled up again.

But here is the deal. I do some grocery shopping at Giant Eagle. Mostly for the fuel perks. My daughter shops there too. She managed to score 90 cents off the gallon. She says in Akron Giant Eagle is giving 15 cents off per gallon for every $50 spent as opposed to just 10 cents off the gallon for every $50 spent in my neck of the woods.

So she asks me to fill up her tank, right? I say sure. At the time, the gas in Akron was $2.77 and w/her 90 cents off, there you have it: $1.87 per gallon. Glorious. So the deal is you can use the discount for up to 30 gallons. Of course she does not have a tank that large and I had a quarter of a tank. So after some maneuvering - getting her car out and getting mine in and not putting the nozzle on the hook - I was able to fill up two cars for $39! Hot damn. I want to do that more often. It makes spending money so much more fun.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger CarrieMarie said...

LOL Right now gas is $1.99 here, and I thought THAT was good! $1.87 would be heavenly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home