Tuesday, December 30, 2008

MOVIE REVIEW: "Slumdog Millionaire"

MOVIE REVIEW: "Slumdog Millionaire"

I've seen some good movies over the past few weeks, but I am just now getting around to writing about them.

First up is "Slumdog Millionaire". I've been hearing about this movie since at least October. Unfortunately, I don't live in or near a 'major' market. so I had to wait my turn to see it. I did catch it on its opening weekend in Cleveland. Saw it on the first showing on Bargain Monday @ the Cedar Lee. I think it was $5 and included a complimentary small popcorn. Nice.

I was anxious to see the movie because there was some acclaim swirling about ... the love story, the setting, the mystery. It was all of that. And a story that I have not quite seen on the big screen.

I mostly enjoyed this movie. The child actors were awesome. The dialogue and the plot were well written and executed. I would recommend that you see this one. I kinda figured out how it would end, but it was still intriguing to see how they'd get to the fore drawn conclusion.

Oh, and the one thing that really stood out for me was the music. I immediately noticed music from M.I.A. and I thought that I would jump out of my seat. The music was so rich in beats and drums and added energy to the action on the screen. The soundtrack was a wonderful treat for me.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Hey RadioGirl,
I plan to see this one tomorrow. So, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. Thanks for the review.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger ohradiogirl said...

Yes, I did enjoy it. Let me know what you think of it as well.

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Lori said...

LOVED IT! (smile) Even the hubby, who always complains when I convince him to watch an "artsy" movie enjoyed this film. I may see this again upon my return to Charlotte.

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger ohradiogirl said...

I thought that you would enjoy it. And the hubby too ... nice. I'm thinking I want to see it again as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home