Monday, December 15, 2008

Music Monday 6 :: Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings

I've known about Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings for several years. Awesome group. But did I really pay attention all those years ago? No ... but what I've missed is sorely my loss. Love their sound. Her voice is - I hope that you don't mind the cliche' - soulful. It's hearty and full and speaks volumes. Their sound is such a throwback. And worlds away from pop radio. And that is a good thing. Even knowing that I am a fan of pop radio - in some ways.

Check the vid which also has that vintage vib:


Good stuff.

Other Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings Resources:

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What?! Someone else knows about Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings?! We used to have them in rotation at my college radio station a year ago when I started. Her voice just takes you back to a golden age of music--before the microwave soul sound became the standard. But the best part is she's from my hometown of Augusta, GA! lol

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger ohradiogirl said...

Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings are on the radar. I know that they've been nominated for a Grammy (maybe not this year, but the previous year). Just good music.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home