Thursday, December 11, 2008

BOOK REVIEW: "Casanegra: A Tennyson Hardwick Novel" by Blair Underwood

"Casanegra: A Tennyson Hardwick Novel" by Blair Underwood w/Tananarive Due and Steven Barnes was a good read. Not awesome or incredible, but pleasant and easy.

Interestingly enough, it took me too long to finish the book - just not motivated enough. Not to mention that I had to be helped along w/the audio version of the book. This was a selection for my reading group and I was on deadline. The audio reading was okay.

I thought the book was often hokey and corny. It was also predictable in some regards. And it wraps up oh so nicely w/the actor/sleuth beating death umpteen times and emerging as the victor. Of course. There was an interesting time or two. Like one of the minor characters who was loud and rambunctious.

I am now wondering if and when this will make it to the big screen. I'm sure that was the goal from the onset. And it that doesn't happen, well, the second Tennyson Hardwick tale is already available: "In the Night of the Heat: A Tennyson Hardwick Novel".

Other "Casanegra: A Tennyson Hardwick Novel" resources:
So that's all the reading for the group for 2008. Overall, nice selections. I am looking forward to compiling the reading list for '09.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home