Monday, November 10, 2008

Music Monday 1 :: Will.i.am "It's a New Day"

Okay, I've decided to start something new on this here blog. It's called Music Monday and guess what? It will post every Monday. Genius.

I have a few reasons for doing this too:
  • purposeful blogging
  • a reason to blog about something more consistently
  • I really like music, but I have not been listening to a lot of music lately
Music Monday will focus on music. Aaah, genius again. The music genre will vary though hip hop is my fav. In many ways I will mix it up for you all though.

So here's what's up first. New music from Will.i.am. I am not his biggest fan, but I do like most of his music. Actually, I can't point to a song of his that I do not like - though I do frown up on The Black Eyed Peas' "My Humps" - though it was funny to see Will Farrell singing it on the movie "Blades of Glory".

I digress. I watch Oprah w/some regularity. This past Friday she had Will.i.am as a guest debuting his latest song - a tribute to Barack Obama willing the 2008 Presidential Election. He performed the song on her show. I think I am attracted to the song because of the hip hop edge, but also because it's uptempo and has a catchy hook. Check out the lyrics to "It's a New Day" as well. Very cool.

What do you think?



If you have any recommendations for Music Monday, do share.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home