Friday, October 24, 2008

Granola Bars - yummy

I recently made a batch of granola bars. I've been wanting to make this recipe for about six months or so. I think the delay was in gathering up the ingredients. I was always missing something and even for the batch I finally made, I was missing the wheat germ. But that's okay by me (and my belly).

I got the recipe from the Food Network's Alton Brown. I must admit that he is not my fav Food Network host. I do like him, but he's just over the top in info for me. Sometimes the back story is okay, but most of the time I am impatient to get on w/the business of cooking.

However, Alton came through w/this recipe. Actually a former colleague made some granola bars using this recipe and I was smitten. She shared the recipe and I am totally hooked.

Here's what I like about them:
  • chewy
  • sweet
Also, you can add and subtract some of the ingredients like the fruit and nuts. I used walnuts and sliced almonds. I did not toast the walnuts. Along w/dried cranberries and some mixed raisins.

I was going to share them w/my neighbors, but I have not gotten around to that yet ... meanwhile, the granola bars are evaporating ...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home