Monday, December 08, 2008

Music Monday 5 :: Playing For Change

Okay, I had not planned on blogging about this, but I hipped my mom to a blog and this video was posted on that blog. My mom promptly called me and said "they are jammin"! Followed by something like "... you need to stop what you are doing and check out this video." She really likes the song.

So the video is a group doing a cover of Ben E. King's "Stand By Me". I do like King's version. I like it a lot. But I am also a fan of improvisation. The concept on the Playing For Change version is incredible.



I am loving my Music Mondays. There is so much ground to cover in this area. There is one song I want to blog about but week after week I can not remember the name of the song or the artist. I can vague recall the hook of the song and I am just trying to remember the hook. It was really popular a few years back and I am tempted to call some of my former students and ask them to "Name That Tune".

Meanwhile, if there is a song or some music that you'd like to share, pass it on. I'd love to hear from you.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home