Monday, December 29, 2008

Music Monday 8 :: Lyle Lovett "I Will Rise Up"

I know you are thinking "what's with the Lyle Lovett"? This is definitely one of those "don't judge a blog post by its title" kind of things.

I heard Lyle Lovett & His Large Band recently perform this song on the "Tonight Show with Jay Leno". I had planned on turning the channel before they got in their groove, but they caught me off guard w/the slow pulsating rhythm of the song. It really does have some strength. Like an old slave song. Actually it is like an old prison work song. And apparently that was the objective according to some notes that I glanced at briefly.

The track is from Lovett's most recent release called "It's Not But, It's Large". Well, all rightee then.

Here is the link to the Imeem track:
I Will Rise Up / Aint No More Cane - Lyle Lovett & His Large Band

Here's a YouTube video of a live performance of "I Will Rise Up" - sweet:


Let me know what you think of this song and the Music Monday blog posts in general.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is one the best songs ever made

 
At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i felt the same way, i almost changed the channel, i am so glad i didn't. an instant classic!

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger ohradiogirl said...

Yes, that show repeated last night and I was nearly asleep, but woke up and enjoyed it. Awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home