Monday, December 22, 2008

Music Monday 7 :: Christmas Music

It's Christmas time so why not a post about Christmas Music.

There are quite a few Christmas tunes that I enjoy. I would guess that you have your list as well. Here are some of mine:

"Someday At Christmas" by Stevie Wonder
"Santa Baby" by Eartha Kitt
"Merry Christmas Baby" by Charles Brown
"This Christmas" by Donny Hathaway
"Christmas Rappin'" by Kurtis Blow
and there so many more...

Do you remember that singer Alexander O'Neal had a holiday album - "My Gift to You"? Yeah, that was nice all the way through. I liked the title track as well as "Thank You for a Good Year".

Oh, and as I was seeking out my holiday music this year, I was looking for that Alexander O'Neal, but I did not find it. Instead I found "Christmas at Luke's House". As in Luther Campbell. Whhhoooa. I did not listen to it. But there is a track on there from H-Town and that said enough for me. I should stuff that in someone's stocking this year. ;-)

Here is NPR's Holiday Mix: "Jingle Jams - A Holiday Music Mix". I was a bit surprised to see Clarence Carter on the list. There are so many classics on this list and also some well known singers singing songs that I have not heard before like Ella Fitzgerald's "Santa Claus Got Stuck in my Chimney". Worth listening to, for sure.

Just a good time of year .... and good music too.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home