Thursday, July 29, 2010

What I'm Tweeting About

I've had a Twitter account for over two years. Seems like much longer though. Folks who aren't on Twitter wonder what I have to say. Sometimes, I'm just watching my Twitter feed (the tweets that I follow). Other days the tweets are fast and furious. I try not to complain, whine or be too negative even on those crazy days. But I will out a company or organization if things 'aren't right'. I've done that with Sprint as well as Delta Airlines.

I posted this tweet on July 22nd. I know that part of networking is asking basic questions like what do you do? where do you live? where'd you go to school? But lately, I'm so over it. I just don't feel like having that often meaningless discussion. Frankly, I don't like talking about me. Not comfortable w/that. I've felt this way for some time. Especially when I was a morning radio show host. If people didn't know me, I would prefer that my friends not introduce me by saying I work at the radio station. That kind of introduction would usually end up w/them complaining about the radio station or asking me for free tickets to an upcoming concert. Not a good look.

Now that I live and work in Cairo, Egypt, people are intrigued by that. Living and working abroad is quite the talking point; I get that. But I try to downplay it. I typically try to change the topic to something else and quickly. I don't mind talking to folks about my job and what I do, but in a more one-on-one setting. I mostly just want to have a conversation as opposed to having people fire off questions to me in a rapid fire pace. Seems so impersonal. I don't think I'm 'all that' because I live abroad; I'm much more modest than that ... and that's what I'm tweeting about.

Check me out on Twitter: ohradiogirl
Enhanced by Zemanta

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home