Thursday, December 09, 2010

Reverb10 :: Party

I've decided to be a part of Reverb10. It's a 31-day blogging challenge where you reply to the daily writing prompts that are designed to get you to reflect on this past year as well as provide some insight for the upcoming year. I'm going to give myself 5-7 minutes for each post.

Day 9 :: December 9, 2010 :: Party
  • What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans. (Author: Shauna Reid)
Well, it's taken me all day to think about this question and try to come up w/a response. Unfortunately, I've realized that I'm not the party girl that I used to be. I've been to a good amount of events in the past year, mostly house parties, but I can't think of one that 'rocked my socks off'.

For me 'rocked my socks off' is good people, good music and the next thing you know, the sun's coming up.

The makings of a good party. NYE '09. (Dec, 2009)

My sister hosted a New Year's Eve party that was nice. There was good food and music, but it was mild; no one danced on the tables or was embarrassed about their behavior the next day . I celebrated my birthday in D.C. this summer w/my sis and some close friends. We mostly ate a little and talked a lot; we got home at a decent hour. I even went to a Halloween Party here in Cairo. There were some scary-like snacks like cookies in the shape of fingers, but again, the craziness was tamed (I did leave at 11p though because I had to get up early the next day for a day trip).

So I've come up empty on this one. Which is more than helpful as I look toward twenty-eleven. That 'rock my socks off' party ... is in my not-so-distant future.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home