Thursday, January 20, 2011

Reverb10 :: Achieve (part 2)

I've decided to be a part of Reverb10. It's a 31-day blogging challenge where you reply to the daily writing prompts that are designed to get you to reflect on this past year as well as provide some insight for the upcoming year. I'm going to give myself 5-7 minutes for each post.

Day 28 :: December 28, 2010 :: Achieve
  • What's the thing you most want to achieve next year? How do you image you'll feel when you get it? Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful? Write that feeling down. Then, brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today. (Author: Tara Sophia Mohr)
I did a post on Reverb10 :: Achieve already. But as I began to think about it, I left something out. Since I'm living and working in Cairo, many people ask if I know Arabic. The answer is shiwayya' that means 'a little' in Arabic. I do have a private tutor and we meet twice a week for a total of three hours.

So that's the additional thing that I want to achieve this year - to improve my Arabic.

I was a bit proud of myself when I recently returned to Cairo and how fast I jumped back into responding in Arabic and understanding Egyptians (who speak rather fast).

One of my first Arabic lessons (Oct., 2009)

Getting more time w/my tutor is not really an option for me at this time. However, I will make a concerted effort to review my Arabic material as well as to meet w/some of my Egyptian friends and practice speaking Arabic.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home