Thursday, January 06, 2011

Reverb10 :: Soul Food

I've decided to be a part of Reverb10. It's a 31-day blogging challenge where you reply to the daily writing prompts that are designed to get you to reflect on this past year as well as provide some insight for the upcoming year. I'm going to give myself 5-7 minutes for each post.

Day 26 :: December 26, 2010 :: Soul Food
  • What did you eat this year that you will never forget? What went into your mouth & touched your soul? (Author: Elise Marie Collins)
The first thing that I can think of is the food in Italy. Delicious, but you already knew that. However, what I found most interesting is the simplicity of much of the food. When we'd inquire about how some foods were prepared, the response was often: salt, pepper, lemon, garlic or some variation of that.

The breakfast bounty at the Agriturismo Marciano Bed & Breakfast. (Nov., 2010)

What I'll need to do is figure out how to combat the food disparity in Cairo. There are many food options there, but often the food at restaurants is just marginal. When it comes to preparing food at home, it's a matter or finding good veggies and fruit and fish and chicken ... however, I am planning on growing some herbs (inside) in the next month or so.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home