Thursday, December 23, 2010

Reverb10 :: Beyond Avoidance

I've decided to be a part of Reverb10. It's a 31-day blogging challenge where you reply to the daily writing prompts that are designed to get you to reflect on this past year as well as provide some insight for the upcoming year. I'm going to give myself 5-7 minutes for each post.

Day 20 :: December 20, 2010 :: Beyond Avoidance
  • What should you have done this year, but didn't because you were too scared, worried, unsure, busy or otherwise deterred from doing? (Bonus: Will you do it?) (Author: Jake Nickel)
I should have produced at least one audio feature or one multimedia project on a professional level. I've been 'too busy' and procrastinating and I haven't made that a priority; though it's what I love to do. I could say that by teaching I'm constantly involved with various student projects and I'm definitely current on a lot of technology.

My recent procrastination: traveling. Sunrise on Mount Sinai (Aug., 2009)

For leisure, I've created several small projects from my travels. Projects using Jing, Animoto, AudioBoo, SoundCloud, Prezi and more. Those are some cool tools.

As for will I do it? You bet! Got a project where I already have the sound and just need to take the time to do the editing. And I have an idea for a project involving some of my former students (just need to see if they're interested).

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home