Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A Generation gone ...

I thought that this would be easy to write ...

Today, my grandfather passed away. I'd like to say that I did not see it coming. However, he'd been admitted to the hospital over the weekend w/what I'd been told 'what John Ritter had.' Had I done a bit of research on the heart condition a few days ago, my optimism would may not have been so high. But when they asked my grandfather if he wanted to have the surgery that would give him a 50/50 chance of living, he said no. My family then encouraged him to do the surgery. He eventually said yes, but it seems his delayed response could have cost him, though I am not certain of that.

My grandfather was unconscious over the weekend and my mom and uncle called on Monday afternoon to tell me that he'd had a heart attack.

Again, my dispostion was that he was strong and willful and stubborn. So my thinking was how many days before he hops back in his sparkling Cadillac and does his thing. Sadly, was I wrong ...

So, I'm feeling a bit mournful and missing my granddaddy ...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11:07 PM, Blogger Lori said...

So sorry to hear about your grandfather. May he rest in peace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home