Thursday, July 03, 2008

Washington, DC Vacation - part 2

Here are more pix from my vacation in DC.

I went to several museums and as a result I check out lots of exhibits. Good stuff too. Like the image above. That is one of the pieces at the National Gallery of Art. The artist is Martin Puryear. Many of his pieces are huge. He uses mesh, wood, and lots of other materials to create. I am so excited that I had a chance to see his work.

"Recognize" is a hip hop exhibit at the Smithsonian American Art Museum - National Portrait Gallery. Hip hop is where my heart is so I had a fabulous time viewing this small exhibit. See a more detailed review on my hip hip blog.

Up next, I'll talk about my much hyped visit to the Newseum. Loved it.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home