Wednesday, December 31, 2008

So Long 2008 :: Happy New Year

A few weeks ago, I posted a list of the Best of 2008 which included links to various websites and blogs. The topics ranged from music, movies and books.

So I received a request from Lori Johnson over at Lori's Old School Mix asking me to list my personal best of 2008. Wow, what a challenge. I ingest such a wide range of media that I can barely recall what I consumed this past Monday. But I am certainly up for a challenge, right?

Needless to say, my list is short, but here goes:

Best book that I read:
  • "Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini (surprisingly I did not review this one ... and I did not see the movie ... duh). The book was vividly written w/lots of mystery and excitement on nearly every page.
Best movie that I saw:
  • "Waitress" (thanks to a recommendation from my sister; Andrienne Shelly is genius ... oh, and I did not write a review on this one either ... another duh). This one is funny, romantic and Andy Griffith is quite endearing. Love this movie.
Best Television Comedy - and remember that I don't have cable:
  • "30 Rock" Alec Baldwin, Tina Fey, Tracy Morgan, the ensemble cast and the guests are hilarious on so many levels.
Best artists and cds - you are not surprised that it is all hip hop ... :
Best website:
  • Alltop.com: I love this aggregator site w/lots of topics to choose from,
Best Social Media platform:
  • Twitter ... I love twittering - using 140 characters to communicate and all of the Twitter tools.
  • Utterli ... I like being able to post pics, video, text and audio all from my cell phone. This should come in handy when I attend the Inauguration in a few weeks.
So long to 2008 and a great big hug for 2009 (and a smooch too)! Happy New Year!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Nice list. I may have to check out the "Waitress." Soon as I'm back in Charlotte, I'll see if I can't draw up a list of my own (smile).

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger ohradiogirl said...

Let me know about your list. I am sort of attracted to lists.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home