Saturday, January 03, 2009

MOVIE REVIEW: "First Sunday"

MOVIE REVIEW: "First Sunday"

This review was originally written in May 2008. Forgive me for the tardiness, but here it is in all of its glory.

If you saw the trailers for this movie, then you probably turned the channel or avoided it like the plague.

Well, it is one of those movies that is good for dvd viewing. Which is exactly what I did. I selected it as one of my Netflix selections. I don't feel bad about it, especially now that I've seen it.

It was a really good movie. It was not buffoon-ish - as I predicted. It was not even bellying-aching funny. It was just a good, wholesome movie.

I enjoyed some of the touching moments - and there were several. Like one of the main characters, Durell (Ice Cube) and his relationship w/his son. Kat Williams is Kat Williams. Tracy Morgan's character provided some soft sides too.

This is a good movie to just sit back and enjoy it for what it is worth. It will take your mind off of your own person woes, if only for an hour or so.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home