Monday, February 07, 2011

Music Monday 81 :: Egypt Protest Songs on YouTube

Music Monday 81 :: Egypt Protest Songs on YouTube

Many of you know that I live and work in Cairo, Egypt. I've lived here for a year and a half or for three semesters to put it in academic terms. I teach at a university so that's more accurate.

There's been a lot of talk about what's been going on here. It's unfortunate that what you see on CNN and the BBC is not a full picture of what is going on here. What is going on here is the reason why I'm still here and did not hop on any of the charted U.S. embassy flights out of Egypt. There's no reason for me to leave; I live here and the fear that is being instilled in many people is inflated.

That said ... I'm here and enjoying all the fruits of the revolution: optimism and camaraderie.


But for this Music Monday post, it's about:


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home