Friday, June 22, 2007

Party Plates

... okay, so no one is having a party. When I say 'party plates', I am talking about the license plates that are issued in Ohio for those convicted of drunk driving.

This is a really old topic, but one that I have been meaning to research for some time now. What's interesting to me is that I see them alot in my neck of the woods (and I wonder why...).

The 'party plates' are a canary yellow background w/bright red letters/numbers. They are issued to at least two-time DUI offenders and they have them for six months.

It is certainly a 'red' flag. When I see them on cars, I want to get away from that vehicle because the plates already say something about the driver; it says that they have more than one offense of drunk driving on their record and that they could be more responsible.

As I understand it, when you have those plates you are supposed to be driving to or from work. Funny (or not so funny) I recently saw a truck at a convenience store w/the party plates. I then noticed a guy headed to the truck w/a six pack. What gives ...

Having those plates is truly the modern day scarlet letter.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer, I think I'm going to get these damn things, unless my uber attourney gets me off. Why be scared though? If you drive drunk w/ party plates you're really dumb. DUI's happen; the state makes bank off your night o' fun so they are cracking the whip. Take it from me. I quit drinking because the few instances I was dumb enough to drive after a few pops have cost me oodles.

 
At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next thing you know we're going to be getting arm bands ;)

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Muazzam Mehmood said...

Plates idea sounds good, though we are not always in need of that.


Education & Information Network
Text Link Building
Video Songs

 
At 6:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hitler did the same thing to foreigner's cars

 

Post a Comment

<< Home