Friday, September 07, 2007

Remember when

I've been thinking about my childhood and memories of growing up. Especially the time that I spent w/my mother's family. I spent time w/my dad's fam too, but not as much as my mom's fam.


My mom has four brothers and one sister. And my brother and I were the only grandchildren/niece/nephew for a while. And we often spent time w/an uncle, aunt or grandparents or lots of them at once.


One memory I recall is Sundays at my grandparents. If there was breakfast at home, then after breakfast, we would watch CBS Sunday Morning. It did not seem so interesting, but not so bad either. I watch CBS Sunday Morning til this day and I always think of my grandparents when I watch it.


Now, if we had breakfast out on Sunday morning, we went to this place called the Lantern in Akron. The Lantern has been closed for years, but it's shell still sits on Copley Road near I-77. It was a family owned greasy spoon, and the customer service was great. It was a good time; good food and fam.

Oh, and of course there was church. My great gran was a devout Christian; you know the kind who won't even play cards ... ? That was a cloud on our sunny day time and time again. I'm sure she thought that were destined to be heathens and card playing heathens at that. Good times ...

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Hey Radio Girl,
When I came downstairs this morning, your blog was already up on my computer. The hubby SWEARS he doesn't know how that happened. But I think he's been reading your blog (smile).

Anyway, those were some nice memories. The hubby and I have long enjoyed CBS Sunday Morning. Matter of fact, it's probably one of the first shows we ever watched together on a regular basis.

Are you interested in sharing any other random details about yourself? (smile). I'm asking because over at the Old School Mix, I TAGGED you for the Random 8 meme. Check it out and join in the "fun" if you're feeling up to it!

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger ohradiogirl said...

Hey Lori ... Thanks for checking in. I checked out your random 8, but I don't know how this tag thing works. I'll try to get on it, but it might take a few days.

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Hey RG,
No pressure. No sweat. We've been "improvising" with the tag business (smile). Malcolm (of Pop Culture Dish) posted his random list without tagging anyone.
It's entirely up to you.

I'll check back later to comment on your bad neighbor post (smile). I know how you feel. We're in temporary quarters and it's the pits!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home