Thursday, September 13, 2007

Sleep tight ...

Aaaaaah, sleep. Is it really overated? What does it take to get a good night of rest? Well, I can tell you, ranting neighbors are a nuisance and a major barrier to getting any shut eye. This, my friend, is a rant:

I recently moved. When I went to check out my fabulous apartment, it was just that. Boy, does it look good empty. Nice white walls, wonderful in-ceiling lighting, tall ceilings, carpeting throughout, new windows ... I could go on, but I think that you get the point - it is super cute.

What I could not see at 10:30 in the morning was how thin the walls are at my new and fabulous digs. I also did not get a chance to hear my very loud and obnoxious next door neighbors. I have not had a good nights rest since I've moved and they are mostly to blame. They argue and argue and fuss and fight; they are loud and boisterous and the worst part is that they begin fighting at a very early hour - typically around 3:30 a.m. and it is continuous; in some cases up to three hours. What I've failed to mention is that my neighbors are an elderly Hungarian couple. Yep. Too late to feel sorry for them; it is me who needs your sympathy.

Now, keep in mind that most of the time I am the one who sleeps soundly, but now I have a nearby train; a roaring HVAC system right outside my bedroom window; another building tenant who seems to don her heels as slippers because the clip-clopping begins soon after the disruptive octagenerians. Oh, woe is me ...

So, what to do, what to do? Move of course, that is my only option! Right? Heck no, though it is a possibility. But my options are not extensive. I've tried ear plugs and I got major scars in my ear canal from that. One friend suggested Tylenol P.M., but I'm not into taking drugs to help me sleep when the remedy is just a little bit of consideration.

So my recourse is to call the police each and every time the neighbors get rowdy. Do I feel bad about it calling the police on an elderly couple? No, not really; not since the one time when I rang their bell and asked the wife if she was okay and if they could keep it down (that was at 7:30 a.m.) ... they continued to squabble until well after 11 a.m. when I took my sleep deprived self and departed the premises to head to work. Actually, I plan to recommend to the officers that they should issue a disturbing the peace citation and eventually a fine if this keeps up.

I could go on and on ... but why, it is getting late and I am sleepy. If I hit the sack now, I could possibly get in six hours of shuteye before the human alarm pierces through my walls ...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home