Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Looking Back on my 2008 Goals

It's time for a bit of reflection and I do mean just a bit. Because it is full steam ahead for your girl in '09.

Here's the list that I created for last year's goals:
  • snowboarding lesson - I did not get around to this, but I got really close
  • travel (by airplane) to at least two cities I have never been to before - I did not do this either but I did not have a travel budget for '08
  • run a 5K (at least) - I did do this sort of, I walked
  • Get published in Cards magazine! and other craft related publications - I did do this. I was published twice in Cards magazine
  • Spend less and less often
    • This is a big one; I want to shop less. I can do that, but I like fresh fruit and veggies, so that will be the only exception. For my own sake, I will have to more clearly define this one - I managed to pull this one off, but that's what happens when the cash flow is low. I use coupons on nearly all purchases and most items are on sale
  • Get my mental act together
    • This really means: do not allow other peoples negative actions to affect me emotionally - ooooommmmmmmm - this one came to me about mid-year when I had to do me and make no amends, it seemed selfish, but I was also happier and proud
  • Do Pilates at least once a week - I started off real well on this one, but being cash strapped, something had to go; I did walk and rollerblade and do the steps, so exercise remained high on my list
  • Meditate for at least 5-10 minutes first thing in the morning - unfortunately I did not stick to this one. I'd like to give it another try, but I don't think that I will make it a goal
That's it for me ... tomorrow I will post the resolution list for 2009. It won't be lofty, just some fun things to do.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home