Monday, March 30, 2009

Music Monday 21 :: Run DMC 2009 Rock Hall Inductees

Music Monday 21 :: Run DMC

So the big day is approaching ... another hip hop group is being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum. The first was Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five. Love that.

Saturday, April 4, 2009 is the day and it's exciting. I like all the fan fare that leads up to the induction ceremony. And it will be even more frenetic with this year's festivities taking place in Cleveland. Yay, for the northcoast.

Well, what can I say about the legendary Run DMC that has not already been said? I've never been a Run DMC fan; at least not like that. I have never owned a pair of Adidas. I did not "Walk This Way". You get the point. But of course, I like their music. Was crazy about Jam Master Jay too. I just got a thing for djs. Oh and I am sure that I have seen Run DMC in concert at least once.

The only thing that had me a bit miffed was that Run DMC is being introduced by Eminen at the induction ceremony. That just left me with a 'wtf' kinda feeling. And to learn that Run DMC wanted Enimen to introduce them just leaves me pale (and that ain't an easy thing for me to do, knowwhatimsayin?). Ya coulda got Rick Rubin. Russell Simmons. But that would be too obvious. Whatever fellas ...

Here's to Run DMC!

Rock Hall info:


King Of Rock - Run DMC

What's you fav Run DMC song? Let's put that out there.
image borrowed from TheBoomBoxNYC

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home